Each applicant for financial assistance under sections 5901.02 through 5901.15 of the Revised Code shall be a veteran, an active-duty member of the armed forces of the United States, or the spouse, surviving spouse, dependent parent, minor child, or ward of a veteran or active-duty member that has been a bona fide resident of the county in which application is being made for at least 90 days.
Our office provides temporary financial assistance in times of need. You can download the application and complete it, gather all necessary documents then call our office or email for an appointment. Financial assistance is for basic necessities rent/mortgage, electric/gas/fuel oil, water, and food. Each application will be decided on a case-by-case basis.
Emergency funds for food, housing, and utilities may be provided to veterans and/or their dependents. Applications for financial assistance are taken by appointment on Tuesday-Thursday from 8:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. For more information contact the Veterans’ Service Office. Be prepared to provide the following:
- DD214 / Discharge
- Proof of all household income (everyone who lives in your home)
- 3 months Bank statements
- Current ORIGINAL monthly bills and evidence of residency for at least 90 days in Geauga County
- Marriage certificate / divorce decree
- Birth certificate / Social Security cards
- Mortgage / Lease / VCS Rent Statement
- Proof you have requested assistance from Jobs and Family Services and United Way